Made in America just ended in our city, which signifies the send off of summer. How did we get to the first week of September already? When did this happen? I feel like it was just Phillies opening day! While we may be able to stop ourselves from most things, time unfortunately is not one of them. But fear not, all you summer babes! Here are 15 different ways for you to hold on to summer in Philly until its' very last Franklin Fountain filled drop.
1. Slather on SPF. ALL DAY. EVERYDAY. Even though buildings provide shade, it's not enough protection from UVA & UVB.
2. The smell of coconut will always remind me of summer. Beans Beauty on Chestnut St. carries a lot of hard to find products, one of which is the Malie Organics line. Pick up the body cream whenever you want to regain the memory of warmer weather.
3. Embrace the Panama Hat in the fall. Because my entire wardrobe is black on black, you bet your guavas I've already prepared myself for next season with a black panama hat!
4. The Cucumber Mint Mojito Martini at the Continental Restaurant and Martini Bar, in my opinion, is the best drink in all of Philly. Another great part about it is that they carry the ingredients all year round, so you can have summer refreshment all year round.
5. I am in no way hip or trendy, but I saw a lot of this bathing suit under the shorts trend at SIPS this year. That look can translate into fall by just throwing a kimono style cardigan on over it. Check out Target for kimonos, they have a ton!
6. Sunglasses are on sale at the end of season. Pick up the ones you've been "eye-ing" up that are finally on sale. Check out these sexy shades over at Century 21.
7. St. Tropez mousse. There's a reason why it's been a best seller for so long.
8. If you haven't tried Balayage highlights, give it a go. It's a beautiful, natural color blend that works for every season. The team over @ Bobby Mack & Co. SLAYS the Balayage game. Go see for yourself!
9. Alterna Sea Waves Mousse and Spray. This is an HG product for me. It keeps up with beach-y waves all year round. And it smells so damn good.
10. Throw on some beach inspired jewelry. Just please, please stay away from the Pukka Necklace...
11. Plan a weekend getaway for the colder months. Miami in October and November is beautiful! Start saving now so when the cold air starts to show up, you'll have a warm holiday to look forward to.
12. Fitness Works in South Philly has an indoor pool & sauna. It's a pretty cool feeling to be getting your sweat on and seeing people outside wearing coats.
13. Never know what to do with those shells you've collected? Try making shell candles or some wall art.
14. Make a Spotify playlist of all the songs you jammed out to this summer. Play it on your way into work and I guarantee it'll put you in great spirits.
15. You still have one more month left to enjoy the midway and hammocks at Spruce Street Harbor Park! If you haven't been this year, now would be a great time because kids are going back to school and it won't be nearly as crowded.